Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

The Decision - Hip-Hop / Rap Discussion Forum. - ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

The Decision

Started by chenjie, 2016/05/24 05:42AM
Latest post: 2016/05/24 05:42AM, Views: 1016, Posts: 1
The Decision
#1   2016/05/24 05:42AM
chenjie
Heap isn’t the only person close to Pitta who has concerns. There were three moving parts to Pitta’s final decision to come back: the doctors, the Ravens and the Pittas.

The doctors had various opinions and differing levels of confidence that the hip wouldn’t come out of place again. They’re often on the more cautious side, Pitta said, because the last thing they want to do is give a patient the thumbs up and have them back in their office not long after.

The Ravens left the decision to Pitta. The team secured insurance by drafting two tight ends (Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle) last Wholesale Atlanta Falcons Jerseys year, and signing another (Benjamin Watson) in free agency this offseason.

The toughest conversations were with Pitta’s family.

Pitta and his wife, Mataya, have three children, including twins under the age of 1. When Pitta suffered his first hip injury, his oldest son, Decker, was just two months old. The doctors had to call Mataya during her husband’s first surgery to get her OK to put him under anesthesia.

“I know my wife will be nervous to watch games come the fall,” Pitta said.

But when asked who has been the most difficult to sway, Pitta didn’t hesitate.

“My mom. She’s still having a hard time with it,” he said. “When you’re a mother, you obviously don’t want to see your kid laying on the field being carted off. She’s had to watch that a few times, and she doesn’t want cheap NFL Jerseys to ever have to think about experiencing that again.”

Pitta has heard the same questions time and time again. Why risk it when he has a beautiful family and already earned a good sum of money? Why risk it when he’s a smart guy who will find his way in some other career?

Pitta said his family has been “tremendous” and very supportive during the process. For the most part, he said, they’re excited that he’s excited about coming back.

“Although it was a team effort in discussing things, ultimately it was my decision,” he said.

“I’ve even had fans reach out to me who are concerned. It’s appreciated. You understand that everyone’s looking out for you. But at the same time, I feel like I know my situation better than anyone, and I feel really confident in the decision I’m making.”

Pitta’s reasoning is primarily four-fold:

Love of the game: “Obviously, I enjoy playing football. That’s first and foremost. This is such an incredible opportunity to be in this position, and it’s so short-lived that you want to enjoy it as long as you can.”

Obligation to the team: “Over the past two years, I haven’t been Wholesale NFL Jerseys on the field much. I feel like I owe it to my teammates, to this organization, to get out there and contribute.”

Leaving his mark: “I feel like I have a lot to prove and a lot that I still want to accomplish that Atlanta Falcons Jerseys I know I still can. Part of it is a selfish matter, to really leave the mark that I feel like I can.”

Good health: “Physically, I feel really good – better than I’ve felt at any juncture since my surgery. Running-wise, I don’t feel like I’ve lost a step. I feel like I can do whatever I want to do on the field – what I used to do.”

The Ravens needed a final answer from Pitta on April 1, two weeks from when their offseason program started. On April 12, they hammered out a contract restructure and released two reserve tight ends.

Though he has a green light, Pitta’s comeback isn’t complete. He must stay healthy this summer and beat out one or two teammates at a crowded tight end position with Watson, Crockett Gillmore, Williams, Boyle and Darren Waller.

“I’ve been around for a couple years and certainly don’t think anything is going to be handed to me,” Pitta said. “We have a lot of tight ends in the building now, and I’m excited for that kind of competition, to be back out there competing. Hopefully I can earn a spot somewhere and add value to this team. That’s really the thing that’s important to me.”

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes