Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

He's another good senior figure who's helping us o...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

He's another good senior figure who's helping us out a lot already."

Started by zxcc123, 2014/07/31 08:39PM
Latest post: 2014/07/31 08:39PM, Views: 395, Posts: 1
He's another good senior figure who's helping us out a lot already."
#1   2014/07/31 08:39PM
zxcc123
City has signed Spanish star David Villa for a 10-game guest stint and Irishman Damien Duff for the season. There have also been suggestions Englishman Frank Lampard could be brought in for a guest stint now that he has signed for the Manchester City-backed New York FC.

Bookmakers reacted to Air Jordans For Women the revolution occurring at Melbourne City by installing it as favourite for the new season, despite City having finished Women Air Jordan last of the 10 teams in the 2013-2014 season. City still sits on top of a wide-open betting market.

But while Barbarouses welcomes the extra competition on the field from City and the increased battle off the field for the hearts and minds of football fans in Melbourne, he says it is only natural to expect the revamped City to take time to gel.

Barbarouses says more has to change for City to be successful in the upcoming season than it will have to for two-time champion Victory to be a major force again.

"It's going to be great for the competition," Barbarouses said of the new-look City club. "I think they're building a pretty good squad and have got some exciting players coming in.

"But it's a question of whether they'll be able to help them (the club) for the whole season. David Villa is only there for 10 games, so it's going to be hard for them to build a strong mould of a squad with players coming in and out.

"And with players coming in and out it's going to be some job for the coach to get everybody on the same wavelength, and then, by the time they do, by the 10th game, they will have lost one of their key players.

"We're going about things the same way as we did last year and trying to better what we did then, and I think we've got a higher platform that we can build off than them and I think that's a big advantage for us.

"We're still pretty much focused on ourselves. We haven't really talked too much about it (developments at City) between us, but I think for the fans it will be very exciting and hopefully their fans will have something more to cheer about this year as well."

Barbarouses says Victory has used its first couple of pre-season trials mainly for conditioning purposes. Besart Berisha and Carl Valeri, who are among the club's major signings, and the established nucleus of the team are starting to get used to each other at the same time.

"We're not concentrating too much on shape at this stage," he said. "We tried a little bit of shape against Hume City on Tuesday. Overall, considering where we're at in the pre-season, we're looking pretty sharp and everyone's attitude has been fantastic."

Barbarouses, one of Victory's key attackers, says he is looking forward to forming a dangerous combination with Berisha, who has arrived from Brisbane Roar with a reputation as the best striker in the competition.

"'Bes' has been fantastic since he got here," Women Jordans For Sale Barbarouses said. "He's a big personality and he's always wanting to get the best out of everyone - myself and others playing close to him and everyone else in the team as well. It keeps everyone on their toes.

"He has a huge work rate and most of the time we like to press pretty high, so his being there at the point works out well for us. We'll have the No. 10 behind Bes, and we'll be pressing the two centre-backs.

"Myself and Archie (Thompson) and Connor (Pain), we've all got a bit of a licence to try and link up with Bes. He's very aggressive in attack and also in defence, which he does a lot of, and that really suits the way we play."

Barbarouses says Valeri, a 50-game Socceroos veteran, is already running his heart out Barcelona jersey 2014 for Victory.

"His work rate is pretty freakish to be honest," Barbarouses said. "We all wore a GPS in this week's trial and most of us were around the six kilometre mark at half-time, but Carl had done seven and a half. He's a great professional. He's another good senior figure who's helping us out a lot already."

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes