Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

You want to go to Super Bowls. You - Hip-Hop / Rap...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

You want to go to Super Bowls. You

Started by linchao, 2018/09/02 10:10PM
Latest post: 2021/02/23 06:59AM, Views: 483, Posts: 25
#1   2018/09/02 10:10PM
linchao
Julio Teheran was confident he could shake off his slow start against the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday night. Atlanta Braves manager Brian Snitker was not so sure.

Teheran walked the first two batters he faced and then buckled down to retire 15 of the next 16 as the Braves rolled to a 5-1 win over the Cardinals.

Teheran (6-5) allowed just two hits over six shutout innings. He struck out four and did not walk a batter after issuing two free passes over his first 13 pitches.

”The (heat) was kind of bothering me a little bit at first Kasen Williams Jersey ,” Teheran said. ”Then, I started concentrating on the game. When you get your head into what you want to do, everything else is secondary.”

Snikter was initially concerned.

”The first two or three batters, I was wondering if he was going to make it through,” Snitker said. ”Then he just kind of righted himself and he was sharp, efficient. His stuff was really good.”

It marked the fifth time this season that Teheran tossed six or more scoreless innings in 16 starts.

”He threw us a bunch of strikes and just kept guys off base,” St. Louis infielder Matt Carpenter said. ”He kept us off balance.”

Johan Camargo had three hits including a two-run double to help Atlanta win for only the fourth time in 13 games in St. Louis since the start of the 2016 season.

”We believe in ourselves and everything is possible,” Camargo said.

Dan Winker recorded his first major league save by retiring the only two batters he faced.

Miles Mikolas (8-3) gave up one run on seven hits in 6 1/3 innings for the Cardinals, who have lost two straight.

”I felt pretty good out there,” Mikolas said. ”It was tough dealing with the heat the first couple innings, but after that, I think I settled in.”

The Braves used successive singles by Camargo Allen Robinson Jersey , Dansby Swanson and Danny Santana to load the bases with one out in the seventh. Austin Gomber relieved Mikolas and his first pitch glanced off Ender Inciarte’s helmet for a 1-0 lead.

Camargo slapped a two-run double off Jordan Hicks in the eighth to push the lead to 3-0, and Swanson capped off the three-run inning with a run-scoring single.

Swanson also had three hits, trying a season high.

Atlanta’s Ozzie Albies singled in the ninth to extend his hitting streak to a career-high nine games, and later scored on Nick Markakis‘ sacrifice fly.

Kolten Wong grounded into a fielder’s choice with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth as the Cardinals avoided a shutout.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Braves: C Tyler Flowers left the game with a right hamstring cramp after flying out to end the sixth inning. The game-time temperature was 92 degrees, ”I did everything I could to prepare for it,” Flowers said. ”No answer.”

… OF Ronald Acuna Jr. returned to the lineup on Friday after missing 27 games with a left knee sprain. He went 0 for 4 … RHP Brandon McCarthy was placed on the 10-day disabled list with right knee tendinitis. … RHP Matt Wisler was recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett.

Cardinals: INF Paul DeJong went 1 for 3 in his first rehab start with Triple-A Memphis on Friday. DeJong, who has missed 38 games with a fractured bone in his left hand, is likely to be recalled on Monday. … RHP Matt Bowman also began a rehab stint on Friday in Memphis. He has been sidelined with blisters and numbness in his fingers.

UP NEXT

RHP Luke Weaver (4-6, 4.59) will face LHP Max Fried (0-2, 4.09) in the second of the three-game series on Saturday. Weaver struck out a season-high nine batters in an 8-2 win at Milwaukee on June 24. Fried was scratched from a scheduled start at Gwinnett on Friday.

Christian Scotland-Williamson looks the part.

Standing on the practice field with the rest of the Pittsburgh Steelers, the rookie tight end blends in seamlessly. The 25-year-old is tall (6-foot-9), big (275 pounds) and athletic.

Then Scotland-Williamson opens his mouth. A polite British accent comes out Vontae Davis Jersey , the kind that would go unnoticed on a soccer pitch, but on a field crammed with dozens of players practically weaned on America's Game, it raises eyebrows. Lots of eyebrows.

Scotland-Williamson gets it. The former rugby player who was raised in the London suburbs understands he's a bit of a curiosity as a member of the second graduating class of the NFL's International Player Pathway program. At the heart of it all, however, Scotland-Williamson figures the only thing separating him from his teammates is experience. Not passion. Not athleticism. And certainly not drive.

"It's one of those things where when I was younger, if I'd been exposed to American football I probably would have played it at an earlier age," Scotland-Williamson said. "But being a British kid, it's not at your doorstep, so it's quite hard."

So Scotland-Williamson opted for rugby. He turned professional at 20 and spent four seasons with the Worcester Warriors of the English Premiership, the top rugby division in the United Kingdom. Then cameras caught him making a monster tackle in a game last spring and his phone rang, with folks wondering if he'd like to come to the U.S. and join the IPP.

Started in 2017, the IPP selects a handful of athletes from other countries to come to the U.S. to learn the finer points of pro football. If they make it through a four-month boot camp at IMG Academy in Florida Jalen Ramsey Jersey , they can be assigned to an NFL club, where they will spend a season on the practice squad to prove themselves in what amounts to one of the most unusual internships on the planet.

Though Scotland-Williamson's rugby career appeared on the rise, the prospect of heading overseas was simply too tantalizing to pass up.

"It's kind of like that movie 'Inception,' once one plants that seed, that's it," he said. "I'm very much someone who doesn't want to live with any regrets and look back at 50 or 60 years old at a bar with your mates and think, 'Oh no, what if I could have done this but didn't.' So that's why I'm here really."

The initial IPP graduation class last spring included three athletes from the United Kingdom and another from Germany. The current group includes Scotland-Williamson and Australian rugby player Jordan Mailata, who impressed the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles so much they used a seventh-round draft pick on him to make sure he didn't end up somewhere else.

Scotland-Williamson is not quite as polished. He understood little about the game outside of what he occasionally saw on TV when he arrived in Florida in January. The highly regimented day started with a 6 a.m. walkthrough and often lasted until a film session at a coach's house that wouldn't wrap up until around 9:30 p.m.

"We learned a hell of a lot in a short amount of time," Scotland-Williamson said.

Just not everything. Though he's studied up on the 100-plus page NFL rule book, he admits he's still a little fuzzy on details in some spots. And while the film work certainly helps, it's quite a bit different when you have your helmet on standing in an offensive huddle listening to a quarterback bark out a play that has very specific instructions. Compared to rugby's more free-flowing style William Perry Jersey , it's a lot to take in.

The evidence can be found on the practice field. While Scotland-Williamson thinks he's handling his business just fine as a blocker, route running is another matter. The player who never donned so much as a football helmet until rookie minicamp earlier this month practically staples himself to tight ends coach James Daniel, hoping to soak up as much as he can as fast as he can.

Yet Scotland-Williamson understands he can't rush things. That's why he's grateful the opportunity didn't arise until his mid-20s. Spending four years as a professional rugby player taught him how to deal with bumps in the road.

"I have a better perspective," he said. "Especially with this where you're going to get your butt kicked every day for a while until things start clicking. You have to have quite thick skin, so that's helped."

So does a bit of a thick head. When he told his parents he was putting his rugby career on hold to give football a try, his father balked.

"I had to give him a massive sales pitch," Scotland-Williamson said.

That included one very important point: This wasn't a lark or a publicity stunt or fulfilling some bit of wanderlust. This was real.

"I don't think you go into this half-hearted," he said. "You want it all. You want to make the 53 (man roster). You want to go to Super Bowls. You want to end up being the first international player to make it big. That's the biggest thing, not only to represent myself, but it means a lot for the international players who were born outside of America who don't think they have a chance."

[url=http://www.basketballofficialauthentic.com/nba-jerseys/philadelphia-76ers/z... Smith Jersey[/url] ,

#2   2018/09/08 04:59AM
Gabriel39292
The Jerseys we use for many purposes especially in the winter. I buy it from the order of dissertation chapters because it gives me in the discount rates and the quality is also good.

#3   2019/12/03 06:02AM
Jenniferray
I want to know who invented the internet

Re: You want to go to Super Bowls. You
#4   2020/11/18 12:18AM
roman
I am reading this blog because it is showing more information about music and I like to hear fast music when I feel burdon of my work.
as... writing service

#5   2020/11/26 04:00AM
thomaslist
Air Jordan Black And Yellow
White UK Pandora Earrings
Denmark Adidas NMD Boost
Golden Goose Hi Star Sale Italy
Off White Hoodies Top Designer
Outlet Nike Air Jordan 1 USA
Nike Air Max White Black
Online Adidas Ultra Store
where can i buy Ed Hardy
UK Online Ralph Lauren
Polo Ralph Lauren Hot Sale
pink Coach Womens
Best Women's Hogan Shoes Online
Polo Ralph Lauren By Free Shipping
Discount ED Hardy
Nike Air Force 1 Gift
coach crossbody designer
Love Kills Slowly T Shirts
Coach Handbags Wholesale UK
Polo Ralph Lauren New York Discount
Nike SB Shoes Cool Black
Authentic Adidas Discount Outlet
New York Adidas Boost Sale
Polo Ralph Lauren Official Website Discount
Air Jordan High Red Bule
Best Adidas NMD Boost Online
Coach Outlet finest selection
Nike Kyrie Shoes US Save Off
Coach Handbags UK Shop
Wholesale online Salomon Running Shoes
Ed Hardy T Shirts USA
Air Jordan Mid Online
Palace Skateboard Hoodies White
Kate Spade Backpack
Largest Adidas Yeezy Boost Collection
Jersey Soccer
Kate Spade outlet shop online
Ralph Lauren Outlet Online USA
Nike Air Jordan USA
Lowest Price ED Hardy T Shirts
Home Nike Air Jordan Low UK
Adidas Nemeziz Store Online
Buy Cheap Polo Ralph Lauren Hoodies Online
Kate Spade Handbags
Polo Ralph Lauren Plus Size
Ralph Lauren Yellow Red
Buy High Quality Nike Air Max
Ralph Lauren Sale Retailer
cheap big Polo Ralph Lauren
Ed Hardy Hoodies
UK official Coach online shop
Ralph Lauren Down Jackets Factory Outlet
Salomon Speedcross Fashion Designs
Pink Adidas Superstar
Black White OFF White
Pandora Black Friday Outlet Online Store
Nike Air Max Wholesale Online USA
China Nike Air Max 90 Cheap
NFL Jerseys 0
Adidas Yeezy Boost For Men
Europe Soccer Jerseys
Nike Air Max Plus USA Fashion
Pandora Gifts Amazing Selection
ED Hardy Shopping
wholesale price coach
Kate Spade Handbags
Nike Blazer Buy White
Polo Ralph Lauren Authorized Site
Ed Hardy Beach Pants Discount
Official Adidas Yeezy Boost Online Website
Champion Jackets Logo
Lowest Price Polo Ralph Lauren Mens Clothing Online
Discount Kate Spade Satchel
Ed Hardy Tiger Tatto Hoodies
Supreme Outlet Singapore
Champion Free Shipping
New York Nike Air Jordan
Pandora Rings Outlet
Nike Shoes Just For You
Supreme Store No Tax
Large Discount Polo Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren White Black
Nike Air Max 97 Online Shopping
US Mens Nike Kobe Shoes
Ed Hardy official website Cheapest
Coach Shoulder For Women
Adidas Products In White Black
Ralph Lauren Polo outfit for women
Polo Ralph Lauren Plus Size
Top Brand NFL Jerseys
Hogan Platforms Italy Factory Outlet
Official Coach
US Outlet Golden Goose Superstar

#6   2021/02/23 05:49AM
mrseo
I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. www.willwrite4food.com

#7   2021/02/23 06:03AM
mrseo
I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website. www.wildtouch-expeditions.com

#8   2021/02/23 06:07AM
mrseo
Thumbs up guys your doing a really good job. www.wibusiness.org

#9   2021/02/23 06:11AM
mrseo
As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted www.whitall.org

#10   2021/02/23 06:15AM
mrseo
I’m happy I located this blog! From time to time, students want to cognitive the keys of productive literary essays composing. Your first-class knowledge about this good post can become a proper basis for such people. nice one wheatlandamphitheatre.com

#11   2021/02/23 06:18AM
mrseo
This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. [url=http://www.westpalmbeachbusinesslist.com/]www.westpalmbeachbusinesslist.com...

#12   2021/02/23 06:21AM
mrseo
I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts. Visit Website

#13   2021/02/23 06:25AM
mrseo
Thank you so much for ding the impressive job here, everyone will surely like your post. www.webpositionprofessional.com

#14   2021/02/23 06:27AM
mrseo
Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best! www.webdesigncourse4u.com

#15   2021/02/23 06:31AM
mrseo
I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. www.webdesign-novascotia.com

#16   2021/02/23 06:34AM
mrseo
My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! www.webackbiotech.com

#17   2021/02/23 06:37AM
mrseo
Thumbs up guys your doing a really good job. www.web-design-ru.com

#18   2021/02/23 06:41AM
mrseo
The material and aggregation is excellent and telltale as comfortably. www.web-design-agency.org

#19   2021/02/23 06:44AM
mrseo
This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post www.weathermuseum.org

#20   2021/02/23 06:46AM
mrseo
Thanks for sharing this information. I really like your blog post very much. You have really shared a informative and interesting blog post with people.. wearebenfranklin.com

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes