Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

women soccer cleats ropes of the game in Chennai, ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

women soccer cleats ropes of the game in Chennai, was diplomatic.

Started by sdgdfg, 2015/01/03 10:19PM
Latest post: 2015/01/03 10:19PM, Views: 299, Posts: 1
women soccer cleats ropes of the game in Chennai, was diplomatic.
#1   2015/01/03 10:19PM
sdgdfg
CHENNAI: India’s No 1 singles player Somdev Devvarman, who was granted a wildcard, has a tough draw where he was pitted against World No 38 Lu Yen-Hsun of Chinese Taipei in the first round of the singles main draw of the Aircel-Chennai Open here on Saturday.

At the jam packed draw ceremony the other Indian, Ramkumar Ramanathan who is also in the main draw with a wild card will meet Ito Tatsuma of Japan who is ranked 94 in the world.

However good a player may be the first match of the season is always tricky as one tends to come after a long layoff due to the off season.

“It will really be a tough match. Yen-hsun is coming off after a fantastic 2014, where he broke into the top 40. We practiced at Doha during the off-season, but it will still be a tough game,” said Somdev.

But Somdev had defeated Lu in their only previous meeting in the Davis Cup at Kaohsiung (Chinese Taipei) in 2009.

But former Indian Davis Cup captain SP Misra backs Somdev to come good. “It’ll be tough for Yen-Hsun. Somdev is a very determined player and it will not be easy to dislodge him, as many think. In an away game in the Davis Cup, Somdev defeated Lu 3-0 in a five-setter match. He was brilliant. So although Yu-Hsun may be ranked higher than Somdev he has to earn every point,” said Misra.

But Somdev, who learnt the women soccer cleats ropes of the game in Chennai, was diplomatic. “Though I had played against him in the 2009 Davis Cup and won that match, it will be a very tough match,” said the 27-year-old, adding that one of his goals for the season was to get back into the top 100 and also try to better his career best ranking if things fall into place.

But Ramkumar has no such luck. He will be meeting Tatsuma for the first time.

“I’ll just go out and give my best shot. I have not played Tatsuma before. I wish to bank on the ‘surprise’ factor and give my best shot to Nike womens soccer cleats begin the season on a winning note,” said Ramkumar.

But Misra sees a bigger hurdle for Ramkumar than Somdev. “It’ll be a lot more tougher for Ramkumar than Somdev. Somdev is known to be a giant killer and has the experience to take on season pros. Although Ramkumar has done well in the past editions to qualify for the main draw, he is still in the learning curve. But one never knows how the Adidas womens soccer cleats first match of the season will pan out, let’s hope for the best,” opined Misra.

As usual, all the four top seeds — Stan Wawrinka, Feliciano Lopez, Roberto Bautista Agut and David Goffin — have been given a bye from the first round due to their seedings.

Belgian Goffin, who in all probability will meet Lithuania’s Ricardas Berankis (who meets a qualifier in round one) in the second round, will have an edge as he has beaten Ricardas twice before. “It’s not Women Nike Magista Obra an easy match to start the tournament this year,” said Goffin, adding that he had some good times at the Chennai Open and cherished the encounter with Wawrinka. “Having broken into the top 25, I hope to do better,” signed off Goffin.

Most of the seeds and higher ranked players are pitted against strong opponents and none can take any match lightly. Matches of the main draw will begin on Monday.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes