Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

Magista Obra FG hurt. “I was the first Indian sh...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Magista Obra FG hurt. “I was the first Indian shuttler to win an Olympic

Started by sdgdfg, 2015/01/03 10:19PM
Latest post: 2015/01/03 10:19PM, Views: 312, Posts: 1
Magista Obra FG hurt. “I was the first Indian shuttler to win an Oly...
#1   2015/01/03 10:19PM
sdgdfg
HYDERABAD: A ‘hurt’ Saina Nehwal has taken to Twitter, unhappy with the news going around that 31-year-old wrestler Sushil Kumar is the top contender to get the Padma Bhushan award this year. She has taken the twitterati by storm, saying: “I read (in a newspaper) that Sushil Kumar’s name was recommended by the sports ministry of India. I was really sad to see that my name was not considered.”

This is not the first time the 24-year-old shuttler has taken the social media route to express her dissent. In July last year when tennis star Sania Mirza was named as Telangana’s Ambassador by Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao, Saina had tweeted: “I am happy to know that Sania Mirza has become the brand ambassador of Telengana and I am proud of Telangana [url= http://www.wc-soccer-cleats.com/barcelona-c-183_187.html]Barcelona track jacket[/url] but I am very hurt and sad that I have [b... Victory V TF[/b] still not received the cash award for my Olympic medal (sic).” When contacted, Saina said she was Magista Obra FG hurt. “I was the first Indian shuttler to win an Olympic medal. I think we both deserve the award,” she said. The 24-year-old, who has moved away from Hyderabad and is training under Vimal Kumar at Bengaluru, hoped that she would be considered for the Padma Bhushan. “I won the Commonwealth Games gold in 2010 and Elastico Superfly TF am the World No 4. As players we feel good when we get such awards and it motivates us,” she added.

But there are mixed reactions to Saina’s tweets. Coach Vimal Kumar was cautious in his remarks. “I really don’t know the latest developments but Saina has the credentials and achievements to deserve the award. Sushil also deserves it but sooner or later, Saina will get it,” he said.

Triple hockey Olympian N Mukesh Kumar feels that Sushil is one step ahead of Saina. “He’s the first Indian to win back-to-back Olympic medals (bronze at Beijing in 2008 and silver in London in 2012). He has won Commonwealth Games gold and World Cup medals. But Saina, on the other hand, has not won a medal at the World Championship. Yes, she has done us proud by winning the CWG gold and being one of the top badminton players of the world. But she is still young and has to wait,” he said.

Former national champion Madhumita Bisht says both Sushil and Saina should get the Padma Bhushan. “It’s simple. When more than two people are nominated for any particular award in other fields, why not in sports. Sushil is a legend in his own right, but so is Saina. She has also brought laurels to the country,” she opined. Former coach Pullela Gopichand, who received the Padma Bhushan last year, was not available for comment.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes