Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

outfielder Chris Dickerson (right hamstring) and s...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

outfielder Chris Dickerson (right hamstring) and second basema

Started by luyp123, 2015/11/29 11:31PM
Latest post: 2015/11/29 11:31PM, Views: 308, Posts: 1
outfielder Chris Dickerson (right hamstring) and second basema
#1   2015/11/29 11:31PM
luyp123
LANDOVER, Md. -- Referee Jeff Triplette acknowledged the down marker was moved incorrectly on the Washington Redskins last possession of a 24-17 loss to the New York Giants on Sunday night, but said halting play to fix the mistake "would have given an unfair advantage." On second-and-5 from his own 41 coming out of the two-minute warning, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III completed a pass to Pierre Garcon. The play gained 4 yards, making it third-and-1, but the down marker was shifted, indicating there was a first down. Washington coach Mike Shanahan said after the game that he asked an official to measure to see whether that play had earned a first down -- but was told that wasnt necessary. After an incomplete pass, the announcement was made that it was fourth-and-1 and not, as the Redskins believed, second-and-10. "The chain said first down, and then when we came back, we think its second-and-10, and theyre yelling out its fourth down. No explanation. No measurement. Didnt stop the clock to allow the chains to move back," Griffin said. "And we just had to go ahead and call the play." Both Shanahan and Griffin said the confusion over the proper down might have affected the play choice on fourth-and-1. But Griffin did complete a 6-yard pass to Garcon there -- which would have been enough to extend the drive -- before safety Will Hill stripped the ball away after the catch and ran the other way. The Giants ran out the clock. "I told him I wanted a measurement, because I knew it was close. It was inches. And he said, No, its a first down. And he moved the chains," Shanahan said. "And then after I saw it was fourth down, I asked him, You already told me it was first down. He didnt say anything. So that was quite disappointing." Speaking to a pool reporter, Triplette said: "We signalled third down on the field. The stakes were moved incorrectly. After that play, we said it was still third down. We had signalled third down prior to the play starting. The stakes just got moved incorrectly." The game was inside the final two minutes, and the Redskins were out of timeouts. "We just didnt shut it down in that situation, because that would have given an unfair advantage," Triplette said. Asked about the odd sequence, Giants defensive end Justin Tuck said: "I saw that, and I was like, That aint a first down, but they put a first down on the sticks. I was trying to signal to (Giants coach Tom) Coughlin, You might want to challenge that, but the play was going fast there. ... Lucky for us, they corrected their mistake." Nike Air Max 2016 Sale . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. Air Max 2016 Black . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. http://www.airma... . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. [url=http://www.airmax-2016.nl/nike-air-max-nederland/air-max-zero-kopen.html]Ni... Air Max Zero Waar Te Koop . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed.BALTIMORE -- Baltimore Orioles outfielder Michael Morse has a left wrist injury that might require surgery. Manager Buck Showalter said Saturday that Morse has possible ligament damage and will visit Dr. Brian Schofield in Sarasota, Fla., and then the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for a second opinion. Showalter said Morse informed the staff about the injury a few days ago. Morse has just three hits in 29 at-bats since joining the Orioles in a trade with Seattle on Aug. 30. Also, infielder Jonathan Schoop will be examined for a possible back injury after stepping awkwardly during a rundown in Friday nights loss to Boston. Schoop had a stress fracture in his lower back while in the minors this year. Hes played in three games with the Orioles as a Septtember call-up and was expected to play in the Arizona Fall League.dddddddddddd. Meanwhile, Manny Machado will leave Sunday for Florida to see Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion on the third basemans injured left knee. Machado was carted off the field after he stepped awkwardly on first base and crumbled to the ground during Mondays game at Tampa Bay. An MRI the next day revealed a torn medial patellofemoral ligament but no damage to any major ligaments, Machado is hoping the injury will heal without surgery. Baltimore is also finishing the season without outfielder Chris Dickerson (right hamstring) and second baseman Alexi Casilla (thumb), leaving Showalter with a short bench for the final two games against the Boston. [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseys2015.us.com/]cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes