Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

Modern Music Marketing 101 - Promotions, BizOps, a...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Modern Music Marketing 101

Started by EliteUnderground, 2012/09/13 11:04AM
Latest post: 2012/09/23 09:16AM, Views: 439, Posts: 2
Modern Music Marketing 101
#1   2012/09/13 11:04AM
EliteUnderground
I'm posting in an attempt to give the basic angle of Internet Marketing Music.

WARNING: This topic is not for the faint of heart. The information I discribe here is not a quick fix to success by any means. Living as a musician can be one of the most difficult things you will ever do. This topic gets very deep very fast as you will soon see. It's very important that you don't spread yourself to thin with all the information I'm about to provide. It's best to try to only dominate 1 thing at a time, before moving on to something else.

Once you get your music uploaded to itunes or soundcloud, etc, etc, What do you do? Sit back and wait for the sales to come streaming in? Or just depend on your lastest gigs and social status? I don't think so, not for me. I don't play out and I'm not socially statused, I build DSP Instruments and Effects, and use these instruments exclusivly in my sample libraries. So I am forced to implement a whole different approach that most musicains are completely blind to, and that is niche marketing.

Niche Marketing in short is like this genre's sub categories: Golfing> Golf Clubs> 9 Irons> Specialty 9 irons

Specialty 9 irons would be a niche market

-now-

All you gotta do is take this concept and translate it into your own musical fancy

My Musical niches are: Golden Ratio Music, Granular Samples, Additive Samples, Additive Synth, Granular Synth, Wavetable samples, Wavetable synth

Get it???

This helps buyers find your stuff. Just gotta be as specific as you can yet maintain popularity, as far as traffic goes.

As Part of My Grand Opening of my new info store I'm Providing only musicians with 100% FREE access to my entire inventory of internet marketing software & ebooks. All you have to do is register and enter "rapartists.com rules" in the "company" field.

I don't know how long I'll let this offer go for so you better get in before I decide I'm nuts. I'm really reaching out to karma on this one.

This in my opinion, will open many avenues for you to explore in the world of the Music Industry.

Take advantage while you can

Here's my site:

www.nu3stuff.net

Note: I have to grant you free access manually, so don't expect "instant" access. I'll send an e-mail if and when I grant you FREE access.

Re: Modern Music Marketing 101
#2   2012/09/23 09:16AM
ESO
Can you please Check out my new freestyle video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H6vQ6KaqHpc

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes