Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

Barcelona Nermar JR jersey Cork, but the Murroe-Bo...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Barcelona Nermar JR jersey Cork, but the Murroe-Boher clubman

Started by xxxxx, 2014/12/22 08:39PM
Latest post: 2014/12/22 08:39PM, Views: 256, Posts: 1
Barcelona Nermar JR jersey Cork, but the Murroe-Boher clubman
#1   2014/12/22 08:39PM
xxxxx
Consistency hasn’t always been Limerick’s forte but Seamus Hickey is confident the Treaty hurlers can look forward with confidence to 2015, having built on solid foundations this past four years.

The county failed to back up the provincial senior title claimed in 2013, having lost this summer’s decided to Barcelona Nermar JR jersey Cork, but the Murroe-Boher clubman believes that lack of silverware didn’t tell the full story of the campaign.

“It’s a trend that I consider we’ve bucked,” Real Madrid James jersey he said of Limerick’s past struggles in putting decent seasons together. “2011 was a clear starting point for us where Donal O’Grady started with us and tried to nurture a culture and atmosphere of success.

“I would say that we’ve been steadily progressing since and building each year. I’d say this year we were more consistent than last year despite winning a Munster (title) in 2013. I would consider our performances to have been of a higher standard.

“We needed to be better this year to beat Tipperary in Thurles and I thought we were. We played well against Cork in patches but didn’t finish and it was conceding goals that killed us. I Juventus Pirlo jersey would argue that we’re building all the time and, as a player, that’s a really positive thing to be part of.”

It’s a positive mental approach on which to launch the next campaign and yet he admits that it ‘killed’ him to watch the All-Ireland final after their own ambitions had been washed away by Kilkenny in a last-four tie played in monsoon conditions.

“The distance from the end of it puts a bit of perspective on it,” he said. “Regret isn’t the right word. We were beaten by a team on the day who were better than us because they scored more than us.

“You can’t really regret that. The All-Ireland final that we all witnessed was an absolutely phenomenal affair of hurling. I don’t enjoy watching All-Ireland finals, but the first game was impossible to look away from.”

Like many inter-county hurlers and footballers, Hickey has twisted the rest of his life around the central vine that is the GAA, in his case by moving back to Limerick from Cork to continue his career as a mechanical engineer and help Liverpool jersey 2015 acquire a better work/life balance.

Yet, he believes the game is in need of some root and branch reform if the loads are to be balanced properly for club players who play too little and their county cousins of whom too much is asked for too long during the year.

The move to play Club All-Irelands in the same calendar year is one he agrees with but the proposal to bring the All-Ireland inter-county finals forward by a week is dismissed as a type of tinkering with which he has little truck.

“Wouldn’t it be great if we could start with a blank canvas? Trying to fix what is there is noble but maybe this (Football Review) committee, with carte blanche, could come up with something really original and really different.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes