Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

Mercurial Vapor X CR7 he is 23 — City are entitl...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Mercurial Vapor X CR7 he is 23 — City are entitled to compensation for the player

Started by xxxxx, 2014/12/22 08:40PM
Latest post: 2014/12/22 08:40PM, Views: 318, Posts: 1
Mercurial Vapor X CR7 he is 23 — City are entitled to compensation f...
#1   2014/12/22 08:40PM
xxxxx
Cork City midfielder Gearóid Morrissey will join English League Two side Cambridge United next month.

Morrissey Nike Magista Obra FG was out of contract at Turner’s Cross at the end of last season. However, because he is still deemed an under 23 player — Mercuri... Vapor X CR7 he is 23 — City are entitled to compensation for the player, and an undisclosed fee was agreed between the clubs.

“The clubs have reached an agreement regarding training compensation, and we would like to wish Gearóid the best of luck in his future career,” a City statement said.

City boss John Caulfield said: “We want to wish Puma Evopower 1 Gearóid well; he has been a great servant to the club over the last five years. Obviously, we were hoping he might have stayed, but he had indicated to me a few months ago that he wanted to give full-time football in England a go. He was a tremendous guy to have, a great guy around the dressing room and we will miss him.”

Morrissey was an integral part of Cork City’s title push last season, when Tie... Legend V FG Black the club pushed Dundalk all the way in the Premier Division, losing out on the last day of the season with a 2-0 defeat at Oriel Park.

Caulfield admits Morrissey’s departure is likely to push him into the transfer market.

“It is disappointing to lose a player of Gearóid’s calibre, but we have been working actively to find a player to replace him, so come the new year we hope to finalise a deal for a player for his position. ”

Cambridge chief executive Jez George said the club was “excited” to have brought Morrissey on board.

“Gearoid is a really talented footballer who first came to our attention last season,” said George. “We’ve tracked him for over 12 months and have watched him on several occasions. We are now extremely happy to have completed the signing. ”

A former Ireland U19 international, Morrissey played schoolboy football with Ringmahon Rangers, and previously had a stint cross-channel with Blackburn, before returning to Leeside in 2010 with City.

Meanwhile, City goalkeeper Mark McNulty has signed a new two-year contract with the club.

McNulty has been shortlisted for the Soccer Writers’ Association of Ireland goalkeeper of the year award for his performances in 2014.

He said: “I’m absolutely delighted. I had another year to run on my contract, but John gave me a call and asked me if I would be happy to extend it. I’m delighted to continue working with John and hopefully next season will be a league winning season.”

City begin their 2015 League of Ireland campaign at Sligo on March 6 while finishing runner-up in the 2014 league will see them return to European football next summer in the Europa League.

© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes