Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

Hypervenom Phantom FG team get-together at Carton ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

Hypervenom Phantom FG team get-together at Carton House over the past

Started by xxxxx, 2014/12/22 08:41PM
Latest post: 2014/12/22 08:41PM, Views: 276, Posts: 1
Hypervenom Phantom FG team get-together at Carton House over the past
#1   2014/12/22 08:41PM
xxxxx
More than 24,000 of the 26,500 tickets available have been snapped up for Friday’s Guinness Pro12 clash of Munster and Leinster at Thomond Park.

The strong provincial rivalry has clearly caught the imagination of the rugby public again, though it is likely neither team will be at full strength.

News leaked from Leinster’s press conference that scrum-half Conor Murray would not be lining out for Munster, and that looked a certainty later in the day

when second choice number 9 Duncan Williams was wheeled out for interview. It’s quite likely Simon Zebo and possibly captain Peter O’Mahony, who shipped a

knee injury in Saturday’s defeat by Glasgow, and Paul O’Connell may also be rested.

Among those in contention for a place among the 23 are Garryowen wing Ronan O’Mahony and the young UL Bohemian number eight Jack O’Donoghue while the

recall of Donncha O’Callaghan in the second row is very much on the cards.

The quartet of Murray, Zebo, O’Mahony and O’Connell were among those assembled by Joe Schmidt for an Irish ... Phantom FG team get-together at Carton House over the past

couple of days.

Munster coach Anthony Foley pictured was non-committal regarding the Murray issue: “I am not going to pick their team so I’d prefer they didn’t pick ours.

I am not going tit-for-tat there. Yeah, the IRFU protocol will come to a head in the next couple of days.”

Munster have twice lost four games in a row in the professional era and that will again be their fate if they go down on Friday. Foley was unaware of that

statistic, instead preferring to stress that “it is about getting momentum back into our season”. “Regardless of who we play, that will be the focus.

Obviously this is a very big game for us.”

Foley wasn’t playing the usual mind games when he made light of the criticism currently being fired in direction of Leinster coach Matt O’Connor and his

players.

“They are winning Predator Absolado Instinct a lot of tight contests,” he pointed out. “They are the best performing Irish team in the Champions M... Vapor X FG Cup, also they are close to the top

of the Pro12, so you take your hat off to them. Everybody can have a gripe about how they are playing but this is a results business. They know how to win.”

Foley’s anguish at the defeat in Glasgow after leading 18-9 was still very apparent yesterday but he insisted there was no panic in the camp.

“We were in a position to win all three games,” he reasoned. “We’ve been in the position with Ulster, Sale and Saracens when the games were on a knife

edge and we came out the other end of them. We never said we were the greatest side in the world when we won and we never said we were the worst side in the

world when we lost. We always have to keep an even keel on what we’re doing.”

Foley is clearly tiring of the JJ Hanrahan Nike Elastico Superfly TF contract saga which erupted again yesterday with French sports daily L’Equipe suggesting the Kerryman may be on

his way to France.

“There is speculation but JJ’s contract is ongoing and it’s in the background. Garret (Fitzgerald, Munster chief executive) and his people are dealing

with that. It became a mountain out of a molehill...

“I can’t help what the French media are writing and it doesn’t bother me. And it doesn’t bother JJ either, I’d imagine. We’re constantly trying to keep

all our best players and that goes on in the background and we don’t advertise or publicise it until it’s done.

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes