Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

BOSTON -- The Chicago Cubs placed outfielder Marlo...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

BOSTON -- The Chicago Cubs placed outfielder Marlon Byrd on the 15-day disabled list with multiple facial fractures on Sunday, a day after he was beaned in the left eye by a pitch from Bostons Alfredo Aceves that sent him to the hospital complaining, "I c

Started by luyp123, 2015/08/06 09:12AM
Latest post: 2015/08/06 09:12AM, Views: 532, Posts: 1
BOSTON -- The Chicago Cubs placed outfielder Marlon Byrd on the 15-day...
#1   2015/08/06 09:12AM
luyp123
BOSTON -- The Chicago Cubs placed outfielder Marlon Byrd on the 15-day disabled list with multiple facial fractures on Sunday, a day after he was beaned in the left eye by a pitch from Bostons Alfredo Aceves that sent him to the hospital complaining, "I cant see." First baseman Carlos Pena, who visited Byrd in the hospital after Saturday nights game, said his teammate was sitting up in bed, with two pizzas on his lap. "Hes doing well. Hes a tough kid," Pena said. "Thank God. Im so relieved to see him conscious." Byrd was struck by a fastball on the left side of his head near the ear flap on a 1-2 pitch from Aceves. The Cubs centre-fielder crumpled onto his back, kicked his legs in the air then quickly got up holding his hand to his face, which had a cut near the left cheekbone. He walked to the dugout on his own and down the stairs toward the clubhouse. "When you see an injury like that, hits you in the face, a fastball -- you want to be optimistic," Pena said. "When he was walking off the field, he said, I cant see. My left eye. ... It was scary. When you hear a crowd make a certain noise. Its something you cant explain. You fear the worse for your friend." Cubs spokesman Peter Chase said Byrd was released from a Boston hospital and is expected to fly home with the team following Sunday nights series finale. He is expected to be re-evaluated this week in Chicago and its uncertain how long hell be sidelined. "The heck with baseball. Im more concerned with the persons health," Cubs manager Mike Quade said. "Hell get ready when hes ready." Aceves was making his first start of the season because of injuries to John Lackey and Daisuke Matsuzaka. He also hit Chicagos first batter of the game, Kosuke Fukudome. "Ive tried to call him twice," Aceves said. "They didnt answer in the clubhouse. Im trying to call him to let him know Im sorry. I said yesterday theres nothing you can do about walks and hit by pitches. Its not intentional. Im not like that." Pena said he got dressed as quickly as he could after Saturdays game, a 9-3 Chicago victory, and went to Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. "I was impressed to see him -- with an injury to his eye -- sitting up. I expected to see him worse," Pena said. "He had a lot of energy. I went to see him because I was too concerned. ... Even last night, he said, I can see you, youre blurry, but I see you." Reed Johnson pinch ran and replaced Byrd in the field in the bottom of the second on Saturday night, hitting the go-ahead two-run double in the eighth inning of Chicagos 9-3 victory. He was in the lineup again on Sunday, batting ninth. The Cubs recalled right-hander Justin Berg from Triple-A Iowa to take Byrds spot on the roster. Pena said Red Sox players -- including David Ortiz, Kevin Youkilis and Jed Lowrie -- asked about Byrd when they reached first base later in the game. "It was scary," Boston manager Terry Francona said. "I dont care what uniform youre in. it makes you nervous." ------ AP freelancer Ken Powtak contributed to this report. Jam... Harden Jersey . Everyone remembers the Dream Team that Canada iced during the last lockout at the 2005 World Juniors in Grand Forks, North Dakota, when a star-studded lineup that included Sidney Crosby, Patrice Bergeron, Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Dion Phaneuf and Shea Weber dominated en route to a gold medal. . Seguin scored a pair of game winners as the Bruins (8-7-0) won all three games last week. The 19-year-old scored the game winner in a 6-2 victory over the New York Islanders on Nov. [url=http://www.nbashopus.com/Atlanta-Hawks-Authentic-Jeff-Teague-Jersey/]http:/... .J. -- The Detroit Red Wings made the most of their offensive opportunities against the New Jersey Devils on Friday. [url=http://www.nbashopus.com/Golden-State-Warriors-Authentic-Stephen-Curry-Jers... Curry Womens Jersey . So when the Mets approached his representative shortly after the start of free agency, the 30-year-old outfielder was eager to reach a deal rather than test the market. . -- Reggie McKenzie made clear on his first day as Raiders general manager that theres a new regime in Oakland.Glendale, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Karri Ramo made 26 saves to lead the Calgary Flames to a 3-0 shutout win of the Arizona Coyotes. Ramo was busiest in the second period when he had to make 15 stops, including having to shut down the Coyotes only attempt on the power play. T.J. Brodie scored the eventual game-winner 4:34 into the second period, and Johnny Gaudreau and Jiri Hudler added insurance tallies for the Flames in the third period. Hudler had a hand in all three Flames goals to help them win their sixth game out of their last eight. Devan Dubnyk made 26 saves on 29 shots in Arizonas third straight loss. In his second straight start for Calgary, Ramo shut out his opponent. Going back to Nov. 22 against New Jersey, he has a personal 1:34:34 shutout streak ongoing. Calgary opened the scoring at the 4:34 mark of the second period. On a 2- on-1 set up by a Gaudreau pass through the neutral zone, Hudler passed the puck past Keith Yandles stick, and Brodie fired a one-timer into the net. Gaudreau got a goal of his own a period later. Sharp passing from Mark Giordano and Hudler seent Gaudreau into the Arizona zone with speed, and his wrist shot whistled by Dubnyk to make it a 2-0 game.dddddddddddd Calgary used a favorable bounce to record its third goal. Hudler knocked down the bouncing puck in the slot on a Flames power play, and his backhander beat Dubnyk to extend the Calgary lead to three. There were no first-period goals, but Calgary took advantage of a double-minor penalty to build momentum and end the first frame with a 13-3 shot advantage. Perhaps the best chance of the period was Gaudreaus breakaway a little more than seven minutes into the game. He broke in all alone on Dubnyk, and Dubnyk made the pad save along the ice as Gaudreau tried to deke and lift the puck past the goalie. Game Notes Hudler has five goals in his four-game goal streak ... Calgary is 7-0-0 when leading after two periods ... Arizona is 0-8-0 when trailing after two periods ... Calgary is outscoring opponents 35-14 in the third period ... Dave Tippett coached in his 400th game with Arizona ... Calgarys Sean Monahan played in his 100th NHL game. [url=http://www.wholesalejerseysnfl.top/]cheap nfl jerseys wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes