Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

lthy scratch for the 10th straight game while Paul...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

lthy scratch for the 10th straight game while Paul Ranger was scratched for his 11th consecutive game. ... Six-time Canadian Olym

Started by luyp123, 2015/09/03 08:51PM
Latest post: 2015/09/03 08:51PM, Views: 460, Posts: 1
lthy scratch for the 10th straight game while Paul Ranger was scratche...
#1   2015/09/03 08:51PM
luyp123
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Rex Ryan was fired up. Bill Belichick was ticked off. Everyone else was, well, a bit confused. After a newly instituted rule gave New England a penalty and Nick Folk another chance, he booted a 42-yard field goal with 5:07 left in overtime to give the New York Jets a 30-27 victory over the Patriots on Sunday. "I was like, You know what? Its about time we got a break," Ryan said, smiling. "Thats really what I was thinking. It just worked out." Folk was wide left on a 56-yarder, but the miss was negated when New Englands Chris Jones was called for unsportsmanlike conduct on a 15-yard penalty that had never before been called in an NFL game. Referee Jerome Boger explained in a pool report that Jones was called for pushing his teammate "into the opponents formation." Umpire Tony Michalek threw his flag "almost instantaneously as he observed the action," Boger said. "We just enforced it as he called it." Belichick disagreed with the application of the rule. "You cant push in the second level," Belichick said. "I didnt think we did that." New York (4-3), given new life, ran the ball three times to set up Folks winner and send the green towel-waving fans at MetLife Stadium into a frenzy. "It was something that we talked about probably in camp and stuff, and it just skipped out of my mind," Jones said. "It was my mistake and nobody elses. Ive just got to man up to it and fix it next time." Folk thought the Patriots (5-2) might have been called for 12 men on the field. So did a few other Jets. "I think I heard the whole stadium saying, Please be on them," Ryan said. Then folk won it. "Folk Hero was the man he always is, kicking game-winner for us," Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson said. "It was a great win across the board." It also kept Folks consecutive kicks streak intact, giving him 16 straight to start the season. "Yeah, were not going to talk about that right now," he said, smiling. Geno Smith threw a touchdown pass to Jeremy Kerley and ran for another as the Jets topped Tom Brady and the Patriots, who tied it at 27 with 16 seconds left in regulation on Stephen Gostkowskis 44-yard field goal. New England had defeated New York in six straight regular-season meetings, and saw its 12-game winning streak against AFC East opponents end. "Everyone has to look at themselves and do a better job," Brady said, "because what were doing now isnt good enough." Brady opened overtime with a 16-yard pass to Rob Gronkowski, making his season debut. But the Jets stopped forced New England to punt. Gronkowski almost made a one-handed grab late in regulation when he had a clear lane into the end zone. Gronkowski, who missed the first six games after having off-season surgery on his back and broken left forearm, had eight catches for 114 yards. "Im still mad about that one," Gronkowski said. Brady threw a 17-yard TD pass to Kenbrell Thompkins with 5 seconds left to beat previously unbeaten New Orleans last week -- leaving defensive co-ordinator Rob Ryan grimacing on the sideline. This time, Robs twin brother walked off the field celebrating a win. It was the second time in three games Brady was held without a touchdown pass, both losses. Brady finished 22 of 46 for 228 yards and had an interception returned 23 yards for a touchdown by Antonio Allen. "That was huge," Smith said. Smith, who threw three fourth-quarter interceptions in a Week 2 loss at New England, was 17 of 33 for 233 yards. He had a first-quarter interception returned 79 yards for a touchdown by rookie Logan Ryan that appeared to set the tone for an ominous afternoon for Smith. Smith rebounded and gave the Jets a 24-21 lead in the third quarter on an 8-yard run that left the crowd chanting "GEE-NO! GEE-NO!" "Im never going to crumble," Smith said. "No matter what happens. You know, thats just not in me." On third-and-14 from the 24, Smith took off left and was met by Marquice Cole, who slammed into the quarterback. But Smith reached out as he was going down and got the first down. He again had all receivers tied up two plays later when he sprinted to his right, faked out Cole with a nice shake move and dived into the corner of the end zone. The Jets, in a 21-10 hole, opened the second half by immediately putting pressure on Brady and getting a score out of it. Brady threw for Gronkowski and Allen stepped in front. He did a diving somersault into the end zone just 33 seconds into the third quarter. Stevan Ridley had given the Patriots a 21-10 lead with a 17-yard run on which he bounced outside right tackle and scored untouched. The drive was set up by a 38-yard punt return by Julian Edelman. NOTES: Brandon Bolden had a 1-yard TD run for the Patriots. ... Kerley caught eight passes, six of them for first downs on third-down plays. ... Chris Jones and Chandler Jones each had two sacks for the Patriots. ... Logan Ryans INT marked the 34th straight game in which New England has forced a turnover, the longest active streak in the NFL. C... Conte Youth Jersey . Browner announced the news via a lengthy statement on his Twitter page. Browner was suspended indefinitely without pay by the league on Dec. 18. The reinstatement will make Browner a free agent as his contract with the Seahawks ended after this season. ... David Youth Jersey . Brent Pedersen and Nick Magyar also scored for Kitchener (5-11-1), and Darby Llewellyn and Max Iafrate each recorded an assist. Travis Konecny had a three-point game with a goal and two assists for the 67s (7-11-1), while Brett Gustabsen and Alex Lintuniemi had the other Ottawa goals. . It was the teams second practice since arriving in Sochi and the line combinations used were the same as when the team took the ice for the first time on Monday. [url=http://www.buccaneersproshop.us.com/Womens-Mike-Evans-Authentic-Jersey/]Mik... Evans Youth Jersey . Begg-Smith was born in Canada but has competed for Australia since 2001. He won gold in Turin in 2006 then took the silver medal behind Alex Bilodeau four years ago in Vancouver. TORONTO -- Nazem Kadri and James van Riemsdyk provided the offence as the Toronto Maple Leafs avoided their third straight loss with a 3-2 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday night. But afterwards, both forwards were quick to point to the save made by Jonathan Bernier with 3:18 remaining and the Leafs clinging to a one-goal lead as the game changer. Bernier went post-to-post to rob Lightning captain Martin St. Louis of a sure goal as he one-timed a 2-on-1 feed from Victor Hedman. St. Louis, who had 14 goals and eight assists in 10 games coming in, was held pointless for the first time since he was left off the Canadian Olympic roster announced on Jan. 7. "Great save. Game-saving save," said Kadri. "Bernies been great for us all year and we almost expect him to make those kinds of saves since hes done it so often. Hes a great goaltender, right up with the best and he defiantly showed it there." Added van Riemsdyk: "He was incredible the whole night making big post-to-post saves playing really confidently. Again were really lucky to have him." Bernier, who made 40 saves in the win, improved to 7-1-2 when facing 40 or more shots this season. "He had his blade to the inside so I just read it good and that one worked out for me," said Bernier of the save. "I dont think we played our best game tonight. They had a lot of 2-on-1s, but we stuck with it and James scored a big goal and Naz had a great game obviously." Van Riemsdyks 21st goal of the season at 15:57 of the third stood to be the game winner. With the goal, van Riemsdyk matched his single-season career best set during the 2010-11 season while he was with the Philadelphia Flyers. Kadri scored twice in less than eight minutes to give the Maple Leafs (28-21-6) a 2-0 lead before the midway mark of the second period, but Matthew Carle and Mark Barberio responded for Tampa Bay (31-17-5) to tie it 2-2 after 40 minutes. Van Riemsdyk one-timed a Phil Kessel feed to beat Tampa Bay starter Ben Bishop. "We talked about that tonight, having a good stick and forcing their D to make a play under pressure," said van Riemsdyk of the goal. "(Tyler Bozak) was able to steal the puck from their guy, gave it to Phil and Phil slid it over to me." The loss halted the Lightnings three-game win streak, while Bishop made 23 saves in the loss. Kadri oopened the scoring at 1:49 of the second period as his shot hit a Lightning player in front and fooled Bishop.dddddddddddd Then at 9:48, Kadri picked up his second of the night with a highlight-reel deke to step around Hedman and beat Bishop with a backhand for his 14th of the season. It was Kadris second multi-goal game of the season. "I shouldve had a few more. I had some great chances," said Kadri. "(Joffrey Lupul) and (Nikolai Kulemin) just seemed to find me no problem out there today, wish I couldve had a couple more, but well save them for later." Ondrej Palat fed Carle with a no-look feed at 13:13 of the second before the Lighting blue-liner beat Bernier stick-side. Barberio tied it four minutes later, putting home the rebound off a scramble in front of Bernier for his fourth of the season and fourth in four games. "I thought we deserved better tonight," St. Louis said. "But weve been on the other side of the coin, too, where you dont deserve a win but somehow you can get one. Tonight was one of those game that probably evened things out a little bit." Toronto had three straight first-period power plays, but had just three shots to show for it. The Lightning outshot the Leafs 11-6 in the opening 20 minutes. Tampa had the best scoring chance of the first, shorthanded, when J.T. Brown finished off a 2-on-1 feed from Nate Thompson at 3:57, but Bernier was there to shut the door. Leafs defenceman Tim Gleason left the game late in the third period after being hit awkwardly into the boards by Lightning forward Teddy Purcell. Randy Carlyle called it a shoulder issue, adding he didnt believe it was serious enough for the blue-liner to miss game time. The Leafs continue their three-game home stand Thursday against the Florida Panthers. Notes: Canadian Olympic hopeful and Lightning star Steven Stamkos missed his 36th game recovering from a broken right leg. The Markham, Ont., native returned to practice Tuesday after missing Monday with discomfort. ... Maple Leafs forward David Bolland (ankle) participated in his first game day skate since suffering the injury Nov. 2. Toronto defenceman Mark Fraser was a healthy scratch for the 10th straight game while Paul Ranger was scratched for his 11th consecutive game. ... Six-time Canadian Olympic medallist Clara Hughes dropped the ceremonial puck prior to the game. cheap jerseys cheap jerseys china cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes