Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

hts 60-point performance in Orlando. ... Anderson ...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

hts 60-point performance in Orlando. ... Anderson Varejaos fourth-quarter block gave him 354 in his career, surpassing Jim Brewer for

Started by luyp123, 2015/11/04 06:58AM
Latest post: 2015/11/04 06:58AM, Views: 282, Posts: 1
hts 60-point performance in Orlando. ... Anderson Varejaos fourth-quar...
#1   2015/11/04 06:58AM
luyp123
RENTON, Wash. -- Richard Sherman wondered if he came to the NFL 20 years too late. The Seattle Seahawks All-Pro cornerback wondered if his swagger might have fit better a few decades earlier when that confidence and an unfiltered tongue was perhaps more accepted. "I studied the old school game more than I studied the new school game, and I play it that way. It rubs a lot of people the wrong way," Sherman said Wednesday. "Giving a true speech after a game, a true passionate speech is old school football. Playing press corner and sitting up there every play is old school football. I guess maybe I just havent adjusted to the times." Sherman spoke at length for the first time since Sundays NFC championship game win over San Francisco where his postgame comments to Fox reporter Erin Andrews became the talking point. It was a loud, emotional moment that happened just a few minutes after the Seahawks earned the second Super Bowl berth in franchise history. Sherman was at the centre of the decisive play, deflecting a pass intended for Michael Crabtree in the end zone and watching teammate Malcolm Smith run over to intercept it to clinch the victory. Shermans ensuing remarks were directed mostly at Crabtree but his intense, shouting delivery is what took people aback. Sherman said the reaction that followed over the next two days left him a little stunned as well. "I was surprised by it. Because were talking about football here and a lot of people took it a little bit further than football." Sherman said. "I guess some people showed how far we have really come in this day and age and it was kind of profound what happened and peoples opinions of that nature, because I was on a football field showing passion. Maybe it was misdirected, maybe things may have been immature, maybe things could have been worded better but this is on a football field. I didnt commit any crimes, I wasnt doing anything illegal. I was showing passion after a football game." Sherman apologized for taking away the spotlight from the performances by some of his teammates. Marshawn Lynchs 109 yards rushing and 40-yard touchdown, Jermaine Kearses 35-yard touchdown catch on fourth-down and Bobby Wagners 15 tackles all became secondary to Shermans words. What seemed to bother Sherman the most in the fallout was hearing the word "thug" attached to his name. "The only reason it bothers me is it seems like its an accepted way of calling someone the N-word nowadays. Its like everybody else said the N-word and they said thug and theyre like, thats fine," Sherman said. "Thats where it kind of takes me aback. Its kind of disappointing because they know. What is the definition of a thug, really?" Sherman then referenced seeing highlights of the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames playing on Saturday when a fight broke out two seconds into the game. "They didnt even play hockey. They just threw their sticks aside and started fighting," he said. "I saw that and said, Oh, man, Im the thug? Whats going on here. Geez. Im really disappointed in being called a thug." While theres been criticism for his rant, hes also received support. Perhaps most surprising was a tweet from baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron. Not a huge user of social media — Aaron had sent seven tweets before Tuesday — his message to Sherman read, "hang in there & keep playing as well as you did Sunday. Excellent job - you have my support." Sherman was peppered with questions for more than 20 minutes Wednesday. Teammate Russell Wilson was also asked about the fallout. He said it hasnt been a distraction as the Seahawks begin preparing for Denver. Sherman also didnt like hearing that some have labeled the team villainous. "Anytime you label Russell Wilson a villain it has to be a joke," he said. Sherman said he has not reached out to Crabtree. Sherman attempted to shake Crabtrees hand following the interception only to get shoved in the face. Even after his on-field interview, Sherman continued to deride Crabtree in his postgame media session, calling the receiver "mediocre" and later saying their problems dated to an incident during an off-season event in Arizona. Sherman said he doesnt regret the choke sign he directed at San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick, a gesture that drew a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. "No man, its Reggie Miller," Sherman said. "Its Reggie Miller. Its rivalries, right?" Vasili... Torosidis AS Roma Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Lazar Markovic Liverpool Jersey . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. http://... . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. [url=http://www.thesoccerfanshop.com/Manchester-United-FC/Morgan-Schneiderlin-Je... Schneiderlin Jersey . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. Blank Manchester City Jersey . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. MIAMI -- LeBron James and the Miami Heat benefited from their three-day break, beginning a five-game homestand with a hard-fought win over a pesky opponent. James scored 25 points against his former team, leading the energized Heat to a 114-107 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday night. Dwyane Wade added 24 points and Chris Bosh had 22 for the Heat, idle since a 90-84 loss Tuesday at Indiana. They squandered a 19-point third-quarter lead in this one and rallied from a two-point deficit with eight unanswered points late in the fourth quarter. "We were flying around throughout the whole game," James said. "Even though they made their run and slowed us down in the third quarter, you could tell how we were able to finish the game in the fourth quarter." Ray Allens two free throws with 2:16 remaining capped the run and put the Heat ahead 106-100. Mario Chalmers corner 3-pointer with 1:36 left increased the lead to 109-101. "Were a team that has the ability to take it up a notch," Wade said. "It helps because we were at home. It was between winning and losing, and we wanted to win." Bosh had a season-high 12 rebounds and James was one rebound and assist short of a triple-double. "I wanted to be more consistent with my rebounding and be in the right spot at the right time," Bosh said. Kyrie Irving scored 19 points, and Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters each had 16 for the Cavaliers, who played the second half without coach Mike Brown. He was ejected late in the second quarter after he stormed onto the court looking for a foul on Shane Battiers block of Thompsons layup. Referee Sean Wright gave Brown two technicals, resulting in an ejection with 3:14 remaining in the period. "When you come into their building, you know you are probably not going to get too many calls," Brown said. "I thought Tristan got hit when he went up to dunk the ball. He is 6-10 and he got bent backward like that. He doesnt bend backward because he missed a dunk. "I thought he got hit. I lost it there." The Cavaliers used Browns ejection as a rallying cry in the second half. "We lost our leader with Coach Brown going out," Irving said.dddddddddddd. "We pulled it together. We all believe in one another and that if we continue to fight and get stops we could tie it up and we did." The Cavaliers erased a 19-point deficit early in the third quarter and outscored the Heat 28-16 in the period. Jarret Jacks jump shot with 8:03 remaining in the fourth gave the Cavaliers a 93-91 lead and their first advantage since midway through the first quarter. Cleveland increased the margin to four on Dion Waiters layup with 7:24 remaining. "Getting down early, we could have folded our tent," Jack said. "But our guys put forth a tremendous effort in the second half." The Cavaliers began their comeback with a 19-7 third-quarter spurt and got to 78-73 on Irvings two free throws with 3:51 remaining in the period. Jacks jumper with 1:48 left narrowed Miamis lead to 81-78. Miami built a six-point first-quarter lead and had its first double-digit advantage, 52-42, on Boshs dunk with 5:15 remaining in the second period. The Heat had an 18-3 run in the quarter and led 68-52 after Wade scored 20 points in the first half. Bosh scored 13 in the quarter and his layup with 2:11 remaining gave the Heat their largest lead of the half at 62-45. "You need to credit the Cavs for staying with it, and they got second life and turned it into a heck of a basketball game," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "We were able to make enough plays on both ends and at the very end come away with a win, but thats something we certainly need to work on." Irving hit two early 3-pointers as the Cavaliers went 4 of 4 from behind the arc in the first 3:15 of the game. His second 3 with 8:15 remaining in the quarter put Cleveland ahead 15-14. NOTES: Allens first of two 3-pointers in the third quarter gave him 24,000 career points. ... Heat reserve forward Michael Beasley missed his fourth straight game because of a strained left hamstring. ... Clevelands bench scored 53 points following Friday nights 60-point performance in Orlando. ... Anderson Varejaos fourth-quarter block gave him 354 in his career, surpassing Jim Brewer for eighth place in Cavaliers history. wholesale stitched jerseys wholesale jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys china ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes