Sorry, there was an error
Sorry, there was an error
Hip Hop/Rap Forums @ RapArtists.com

road, he will easily find his way into the UFC Hal...

Please login or register free to be able to post.

View forum:

road, he will easily find his way into the UFC Hall of Fame and go do

Started by luyp123, 2015/11/13 06:01AM
Latest post: 2015/11/13 06:01AM, Views: 248, Posts: 1
road, he will easily find his way into the UFC Hall of Fame and go do
#1   2015/11/13 06:01AM
luyp123
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kurt Busch put his chances at "70 per cent" at running the Indianapolis 500 this year because of recent developments that have pushed a potential program along. "Its actually grabbed better traction the last couple of weeks, its gotten me more excited," Busch said Monday. "The teams that are showing interest, the sponsors and the opportunity is there. I think weve even rounded up some partners that will make transportation better." Busch has the blessing of Stewart-Haas Racing co-owners Gene Haas and Tony Stewart, and Haas said hed be interested in being involved. So whats standing in the way? Busch said he is waiting to see what NASCAR will announce this week regarding qualifying procedures and the new format for the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. He said missing time in his new Sprint Cup ride, which Haas is funding out of pocket, is not an option. He also must figure out his reasons for wanting to run both the Indy 500 and NASCARs Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. Only John Andretti, Stewart and Robby Gordon have attempted the 1,100-mile "double," and no driver has tried it since Gordon in 2004. "I need to decide if, for me, is it a business decision or is it just the sheer fun of challenging myself to do something?" Busch said. "Im about ready to just draw a line through the business side of it and say, Lets just go have some fun. But to have Genes approval and Tonys approval -- I want to do this -- and I need to change several things about my workout regimen to get ready for May and start now." Racing both events became too difficult for drivers to get from Indianapolis to North Carolina in time for the start of the NASCAR race in 2005 when Indianapolis Motor Speedway moved its starting time to 1 p.m. ET. The race has started at noon ET since 2011, and IMS officials said a year ago theyd consider adjusting again when Roger Penske offered Stewart a seat in the 500. Stewart declined the ride. Busch said he has had discussions with Michael Andretti and one other team he did not name -- he said the owner is involved in various forms of motorsports, and often hires drivers to run only the Indianapolis 500 -- but said hes partial to Andretti Autosport because he began this venture with the organization last year. Busch completed all three phrases of rookie orientation last May at Indianapolis. He also doesnt believe there are any obstacles with Andrettis move to Honda in IndyCar. Busch drives a Chevrolet for SHR in NASCAR. Stewart, who dreamed of winning the Indy 500 as a child growing up in Indiana, wants Busch to try to make it happen. The three-time NASCAR champion missed the final four months of the 2013 season with a broken leg suffered in a sprint car accident. "Weve got one life here and youve got to chase your dreams," Stewart said. "You cant sit here and worry about things that could happen. Im excited that he has those aspirations, and a new challenge that he hasnt had before." Brandon Prust Canucks Jersey . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night. Alexa... Mogilny Jersey . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. http://www... . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. [url=http://www.jerseyhockeycanucksshop.com/Blue-Chris-Higgins-Jersey/]Chris Higgins Canucks Jersey . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. Kirk Mclean Jersey . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play.Canadian mixed martial artist Georges St-Pierre successfully defended his welterweight title in both bouts he contested in 2013, but will end the year without the gold around his waist for the first time since 2007. On Mar. 16, coming off a "fight of the year" performance at UFC 154 the previous November, St-Pierre faced Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in what would be his eighth defence of the welterweight title. Using his superior athleticism, St-Pierre cruised to a five round, unanimous decision victory setting up a much-anticipated title defence against number one contender Johny Hendricks. While the victory over Diaz was standard issue dominance from St-Pierre, his Nov. 16 bout at UFC 167 against Hendricks was hotly contested and had a controversial finish. Despite the fact that most people covering the fight scored the victory for the challenger and post-fight metrics, as well as St-Pierres face showed Hendricks was more effective, two of the three judges scoring the bout gave the advantage to thee champion allowing him to leave with a split decision victory.dddddddddddd UFC president Dana White was irate after the fight even calling for the Nevada Governor to launch an investigation into the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It was clear something was also wrong with St-Pierre when after the fight he said that he needed to step away from the UFC, causing speculation that he was going to announce his retirement. Finally on Dec. 13, St-Pierre announced that due to personal issues which he did not reveal, he would be taking an extended break from the UFC as well as vacating the welterweight title he has proudly defended since 2008. "Im going to take a break. I need this," said St-Pierre. "I need to have a normal life for a bit. Ill feel better and come back stronger." Whether this is the end of St-Pierres career or just a bump in the road, he will easily find his way into the UFC Hall of Fame and go down as one of the greatest to ever step into the Octagon. wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Please login or register free to be able to post.

« Go back to topic list

• Links allowed: yes
  • Allow HTML: no
  • Allow BB code yes
  • Allow youTube.com: yes
  • Allow code: yes
  • Links visible: no
  • Quick reply: yes
  • Post preview: yes